Checking-In On Herds - Post Here To Say Hello!

WyoLiving

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Thanks for reaching out, Nifty! Not much going on out here in the country life. Getting the garden ready for planting.

I recently found out that the County passed an ordinance on chickens - I will have to read it closer, but I think I am now in non-compliance and am at risk of getting citations and fines. I heard that a number of people have been fined already.

According to a friend, the new ordinance is limiting non-commercial FOWL ownership to 8 birds. Chicken, duck and quail only allowed and a total of 8 combined and no roosters. They published the notice somewhere, don't know where because I couldn't find anything on-line about it until the Sunday before. And they held the meeting at 10 am on Monday - I work 8-5 so I couldn't go anyway.

The odd thing is that the paragraph above states that limitation says that I am allowed Animal units equivalent to acres - such as 1.5 Animal Units for a cow = you need 1.5 acres to own a cow and 3 acres for 2 cows. Chickens are 0.01 animal units per acre. Meat chickens are 0.001 animal units per acre.