Coffee anyone ?

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Once again, Boone was thrilled to come in after spending the night outside. He forced me to fawn all over him, then I couldn’t prevent Randy from waking up with a horse on his bed, he demanded attention, (Boone, not Randy) then happily asked to go outside where Fen was zenned out on the back porch, enjoying the sunrise and proceeded to make him his personal chew toy. I interrupted that, did my best to explain “rude” to him, let them both back inside when they sat side by side and received treats by name, then Boone curled up on the couch for his beauty sleep and Fen harumphed at me and remained halfway under the dinner table. We had already enjoyed a love fest and Happy Hiney dance before he agreed it was time to get the monster puppy.
Coffee will happen soon after recovery.

IMG_8629.jpeg

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
PSA....Wasp spray good for lotta things 😳

In for lunch. Early morn I'm checking "things". In goat/equipment shed, looking around and spot a snake. ☹️ Sized it up. A rat snake, thinking couple ft, young one. It's at 8' up, I'm not. Thinking ladder & snake won't be good at same time 🤔. Go to barn, get machete, see an older can of wasp spray. Aha. So off I go, loaded....and being old, didn't spray the usual 20' but it went where I needed. Didn't seem to like it and started down, rather slowly, too, so effective to mellow it. I climbed the 6' divider to greet it in other half of building, when it decided to go from where I came -- no! Grabbed it's tail and pulled. Thankfully it was a little dazed from spray!! Machete slams, then tossed onto the side drive to bask in the sun. Way bigger than thought at first. Explains some missing eggs & nervous hens! 😡🤞. Look out, seems I'm on a killing spree. 🫤

Anyone who loves snakes ... Not in my barns!! Nope. There's acres and acres elsewhere, plenty to eat. I have 13 feral cats on mouse patrol -- they don't eat eggs. Just stay away from buildings & live well 🤷🤣

View attachment 108330
Belt!!!!!!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Alarm & up as usual....having coffee 👍 it's overcast, pleasantly cooler, light rains overnight. Scattereds possible mid day, late day, as this system moves thru with maybe 1/2" overall. Perfect for my garden 😀😀. Keeps the seeds germinating and popping up...warm but not hot. That makes me happy.

With the current weather, the day will be "whatever" for projects. That's fine, too. I can rest up. Fencing needs to happen this week. I'm home, weather looking good. I'll wrangle DS to help.

I'm "retired" for the week....🤣🤣🤣 Do as I please.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Another thousand or two gallons of water filled up the pig pond. Going to have to move a steel stank, weld the holes in it and fill it, time for the pigs to move. In fact, it's time for every animal to move come next month. Had enough of them near the house, seen they will survive winter and know what to expect of them. Look at it as we are expanding and making room.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Alarm & up as usual....having coffee 👍 it's overcast, pleasantly cooler, light rains overnight. Scattereds possible mid day, late day, as this system moves thru with maybe 1/2" overall. Perfect for my garden 😀😀. Keeps the seeds germinating and popping up...warm but not hot. That makes me happy.

With the current weather, the day will be "whatever" for projects. That's fine, too. I can rest up. Fencing needs to happen this week. I'm home, weather looking good. I'll wrangle DS to help.

I'm "retired" for the week....🤣🤣🤣 Do as I please.
I will be totally "UNRETIRED" , working nearly every day this coming week:th....
:th:duc:duc:hit:hit:barnie:barnie:he:he.

We have been getting that soft slow rain overnight and the garden is calling me to get it going... they did get it disced last night when I wasn't here... :highfive:

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
I NEED coffee! But too sleepy to make it yet. Fen’s talking woke me up. He was staring out the window watching Boone. When I got to the door, Boone was just sitting, waiting. He came in and squeezed next to Fen and I and everyone had skritches and sniffs, and made over one another about how happy we were to see each other. Dogs are so funny that way, but it’s such an awesome characteristic. I had one friend that was like that, and I remember how it made me feel. I never see anyone really, but when I do, I try to be like that (without sniffing..) Boone woke Randy which is his ritual while I am in the bathroom then Fen, Boone and I all head to the couch for another hour or so of sleep.
It’s going to be beautiful out today! 😍

IMG_8656.jpeg

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Happy Memorial Weekend everyone. It’s Muggy here and later today I’ll check under the bed for tornadoes. Actually I have good ol channel 8, two weather radios and a reverse 911 feature on my iPhone so storms shouldn’t sneak up on me. Outside work today with a side of housework lve been slacking on. To Infinity (of chores) and Beyond. :weee