Gardening

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Practically anything. I gardened in my front yard some years back before moving to a farm. I made beds between the driveway and sidewalk with brick walkways between the beds. Up close to the house I raised tomatoes. I planted potatoes close to the street, when dug up, then I planted sweet potato slips. I planted broccoli, cauliflower, mustard greens, collards, squash, green beans, and even a corn patch. I planted marigolds in among the vegetable plants.

I had a green bean garden next to the driveway. It was 1 foot wide and I think it was 16 feet long. I used t-posts and hay string to make a trellis. In the picture that shows my car, you can see the beds on the other side of the driveway. The white PVC frame got wrapped in plastic for the winter with an extension cord run to it and a small heater. We had fresh tomatoes and bell peppers in the winter.

Potato harvest

This shows several pictures of my front yard garden. I grew a lot of food right there in the yard.

I had a chicken coop in the back yard with hens only. I lived practically downtown in my small town. I practiced deep litter in the coop, tossing in leaves, grass clippings, garden trimmings. The hens turned it to rich compost. I dug it out 2-3 times a year and put it on the garden.

Where do you live? Tell us a little about yourself.

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
100 watt bulbs...over top them. Sadly, with the low energy bulbs now, hard to find any old style -- they were pulled off market. But window light is rarely enough. Especially if newer windows because they're all coated & gas filled to filter out the plant needed sun rays. 🥴The "plant" lights are expensive!!