I would like to show my nubian buck

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Only buck shows we ever went to - DS2 had 2 lovely bucks to show - were after kidding season and before rutting season so spring to summer. one sow was bout 4 iurs north and we got delayed by traffic and a fire near the freeway. The show people called us to see if we were going to show up since they needed us for the numbers (you have to beat a certain number of animals to get a championship leg). We kept calling back and forth reporting our progress and they held the buck portion of the show for us since they needed our 2 bucks. We were also bringing does so if our bucks didn't show it wouldn't have been a big deal, but someone needed one more win to finish her buck so they held the show. That should tell you how rare it is to hold buck shows.

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Buck shows usually take place after January when most bucks are out of rut. They are easier to handle then, and you can wash, clip, and trim them. Out of rut the odor is not so bad. No one wants to be around a bunch of bucks in rut due to the stink and they will bawl at the does, who will scream back. Too stinky, and headache making. Look for shows starting in March.
thank you! i sure will!

Latest posts