Poop help!

Hollambyfarm

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Okay, new to owning goats personally. But my Grandparents had them and sheep growing up so I have always been around them. Recently, (we have had them for three days now) we got three Nigerian Dwarf bucks. They are 8 and 9 weeks old. The first day we had them all three were pooing just fine, everything looked normal. They are still on a grass/alfalfa mix which is what the previous owners told me they were on. So far haven't given them any grain as they weren't getting any at their previous home. So for the most part their diet has stayed the same. We do have some weeds in their enclosure but the people we got them from said they would love them and they have been munching on them. I have minerals and baking soda out for free choice. My concern is one of the little guys has been pooping what appears to be dog poop. Ive googled and googled and get mixed answers. I have ordered the herbal dewormer she was giving them but it isn't coming until next week. Do I need to go out and get something else for him? Is this something I need to be concerned with? Does it have to do with stress? Wanting to make sure they are very well taken care of and I have done a lot of research but wanting to get a more definitive answer. Thanks in advance!
tempImagexmHOk9.jpg

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Okay, new to owning goats personally. But my Grandparents had them and sheep growing up so I have always been around them. Recently, (we have had them for three days now) we got three Nigerian Dwarf bucks. They are 8 and 9 weeks old. The first day we had them all three were pooing just fine, everything looked normal. They are still on a grass/alfalfa mix which is what the previous owners told me they were on. So far haven't given them any grain as they weren't getting any at their previous home. So for the most part their diet has stayed the same. We do have some weeds in their enclosure but the people we got them from said they would love them and they have been munching on them. I have minerals and baking soda out for free choice. My concern is one of the little guys has been pooping what appears to be dog poop. Ive googled and googled and get mixed answers. I have ordered the herbal dewormer she was giving them but it isn't coming until next week. Do I need to go out and get something else for him? Is this something I need to be concerned with? Does it have to do with stress? Wanting to make sure they are very well taken care of and I have done a lot of research but wanting to get a more definitive answer. Thanks in advance! View attachment 92447
Nothing wrong...

Just more moisture than he is used to.

If they get lots of juicy stuff (so if he is hogging all of the fresh green weeds) then the poo will look like that.

Lots of dry forage and it turns to berries.

As far as worming... worming is best done when you see symptoms, after seeing sign of worms, a fecal, or pale gums/eyelids.