Potential unbred doe?

Wild Bug Ranch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Good morning, or evening homesteaders. I’ve got a doe who has kidded before with triplets. she is a PB Boer doe and should be kiddin around beginning of December. She has not yet bagged up, doesn’t look huge, stood for my ND buck and humped her daughter. could it be hormones from her pregnancy? she didn’t go back into heat from when she got bred until 4ish days ago. Is it possible she had a false pregnancy, aborted, or pregnancy hormones?

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning, or evening homesteaders. I’ve got a doe who has kidded before with triplets. she is a PB Boer doe and should be kiddin around beginning of December. She has not yet bagged up, doesn’t look huge, stood for my ND buck and humped her daughter. could it be hormones from her pregnancy? she didn’t go back into heat from when she got bred until 4ish days ago. Is it possible she had a false pregnancy, aborted, or pregnancy hormones?
Any thing and everything is possible.

Sadly.

No way to know... unless you get her tested....
Or... you wait and see if kids pop out.

emily7788

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Don't stress too much. It could just be hormonal fluctuations. Keep an eye on her, and things should become clearer as the due date gets closer.

Wild Bug Ranch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Update: She still has 0 udder but started having contractions Friday-Saturday morning. Lost mucous plug(1st one) around December 4th. Her 150 day mark was the 14th so i believe she is at her 154 day mark today. Gonna call the vet out Wednesday if she doesn’t kid by then

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Update: She still has 0 udder but started having contractions Friday-Saturday morning. Lost mucous plug(1st one) around December 4th. Her 150 day mark was the 14th so i believe she is at her 154 day mark today. Gonna call the vet out Wednesday if she doesn’t kid by then
Thanks for the update