The journey into the abyss of no return

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I am checking on the mileage from SE Montana to Yantis TX as we speak! LOL

Actually, if you got orders from us TX people, you could drop it here- Yantis (or any central location) and we could all pick it up there. A central livestock show where you could attend as a vendor and pick up more orders? Sydell sends emails to their customer/inquiry list of the shows they will be attending as vendors during the show season. They will deliver to those locations for free for the first amount of people that order. That is where i picked up my first large order of Sydell equipment - several fence line feeders, a number of portable panels, and other stuff. picking it up at the show we were at made it affordable.

Having a CDL and being able to take a load to a central large show location would be profitable for you, even if you figured a minimal delivery charge to cover your gas.
1350 miles one way....
Sounds like I should skip the bells and whistles and put a few together with my old trusty hobby welding machine I used to build the pole barn. We have Bucking Horse sale here a on the 16th next month, that could be a place too. I'm sure y'all heard of the Bucking Horse sale that happens here...

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Okay I'm enjoying this marketing BS I keep finding,
That type of steel that they claim this is, is the steel one uses in anchor bolts for structures. Now "IF"this was true and that's a big "IF", you better be setting these in concrete to hold up. Also galvanized tubing is tubing that has been dipped in galvalume and sometimes just painted on in which this type of steel could be done the same. Then again high Ksi steel looks like low Ksi steel so who can tell the difference. Maybe we should offer a few pounds of pyrite for these.
Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 12-19-43 3 Rail 1 5_8 Horse Corral Panels Click for more sizes — RCI ...png

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Okay I'm enjoying this marketing BS I keep finding,
That type of steel that they claim this is, is the steel one uses in anchor bolts for structures. Now "IF"this was true and that's a big "IF", you better be setting these in concrete to hold up. Also galvanized tubing is tubing that has been dipped in galvalume and sometimes just painted on in which this type of steel could be done the same. Then again high Ksi steel looks like low Ksi steel so who can tell the difference. Maybe we should offer a few pounds of pyrite for these.
View attachment 106958
🤣🤣 pyrite 🤣🤣👍🏼👍🏼

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
a few pounds of pyrite for these.
Don't knock the value of pyrite - just read that they are going to be mining it since they discovered lithium in it. Before the only source of lithium was China. LOL

Hot dipped galvanizing sounds good, but eventually the galvanizing wears off and those rust too. Probably the best thing to do with rusty panels is to spray paint them with Rustoleum paint where they are starting to rust.

I think your panels will sell. Use a way to link them together where you can supply extra linking hardware if people need it. All my panels, from the old Red River rodeo arena I bought used, to the newer panels use a pin arrangement. Also the old Red River panels used to sell a 3-way loop arrangement that you could attach to the pin before running it through the holders. The loop allowed you to connect a panel at right angles to the existing panels at the joint. I have pix if yu want them. Red River is no longer making their panels with this type pin attachment.

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Don't knock the value of pyrite - just read that they are going to be mining it since they discovered lithium in it. Before the only source of lithium was China. LOL

Hot dipped galvanizing sounds good, but eventually the galvanizing wears off and those rust too. Probably the best thing to do with rusty panels is to spray paint them with Rustoleum paint where they are starting to rust.

I think your panels will sell. Use a way to link them together where you can supply extra linking hardware if people need it. All my panels, from the old Red River rodeo arena I bought used, to the newer panels use a pin arrangement. Also the old Red River panels used to sell a 3-way loop arrangement that you could attach to the pin before running it through the holders. The loop allowed you to connect a panel at right angles to the existing panels at the joint. I have pix if yu want them. Red River is no longer making their panels with this type pin attachment.
I would like to see that, this is as close as to what I see.
https://redriverarenas.myshopify.co...kage/products/44-count-pg-10-livestock-panels

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The thinnest aluminum in square or round tubing in this area is .125" and that is $5.17 a foot for square and $8.58 for round. Lets say you have 10' panel with 6 railing, yeah we are looking at materials of $361.90 and we haven't begun on labor and building them. Talk about sink a ship before you set it out to float.