Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

HomeOnTheRange

Golden Herd Lurker
Reaction score
Please don't flame me :hide, but I mixed up the words in your post...
I wear shorts pretty when I'm outside
I thought; Wow, now there is a Man's man who can admit that on a public forum! (Great respect for you Mike :bow and the great things you are doing with your herd!)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Please don't flame me :hide, but I mixed up the words in your post...

I thought; Wow, now there is a Man's man who can admit that on a public forum! (Great respect for you Mike :bow and the great things you are doing with your herd!)

He DOES wear shorts pretty! I’ve been there to visit!

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today was shot day for the dogs and two of the cats. All three cats were due but there was only two of them around today.

We split the dogs up with me taking Maisy and Mel and Teresa took Sassy and Lance. My working pickup is still my old Tacoma and Mel takes up the entire back seat and I managed to get us there with Maisy in the front sear. That turned out to be a safety issue since when she was trying to find a way to get comfortable, I had to keep my hand on the gear shift as she would just about pursh it out of gear. On the way home she elected to get in the back seat with Mel which surprisingly worked so I just put the windows down on both sides so both dogs had a window. :)

Last edited:

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Last night was interesting but we didn't have any damage on our place. There was a rash of tornado activity with major damage just north of us but nothing here as far as I can tell. We got a little over 3" of rain here but according to the news, areas north of here got 8-9 inches.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We went to see my ortho doctor this morning. This was my first time seeing this one but I like him better than the one I had several years ago. We talked about my shoulder pain levels and what my options are. He said he is certain that surgery is in my near future but we are going to try steroid shots for now to see if or how much that helps. I got the shot a little over an hour ago but as of right now there is very little pain compared to my normal.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good luck with the shot... I had one cortisone/steroid shot and will not have anymore. Too many side effects and damage to bones and such down the road, for my taste. On top of that, I got no relief or benefit so why try another as the doctor at that time wanted me to do. Of course, as you get older, you weigh the benefits against the effects and the amount of time you may "have left" and if the side effects are tolerable for your "useful life".

Since I plan to still be doing cows for 10 or more years, another surgery would still be more of an option for me now... maybe not so much in 10 years...
Although, a friend's mom had a knee replacement at 87 and lived to 94 and got around great on the farm...

Something to think about....