Are vegan food policies legal?

Simonny9

Just born
Reaction score

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Many vegans are sort of like liberals - they only see their way of life as good, everyone else who eats meat or thinks differently is evil. Very strange.

Fishychix

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I only know one vegan and she’s very down to earth. She actually just got two dozen eggs from me for her family. It largely depends on the reason they became vegan. Lots, mainly the angry ones, did it because they feel superior. For her it was just a choice based on the “industry”. Im not trying to change her mind but we have had conversations about better practices, often through local channels. Honey, for example. we have several people in our area that sell their honey and you know how the bees were treated. I like that.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sadly there is nothing stopping your Boss from making" the all vegan rule" It is completely legal unless you can prove eating meat is strongly related to a religion you are part of. Food choices not related to religion is not a "protected class" meaning it can NOT be legally discriminated against. As mentioned...get a new job!! ATM there are tons to pick from and many places are offering big starting pay or extra benefits, etc.

I don't really have a problem with vegans, vegetarians, etc so long as they dont try to shame me for my food/clothing choices. I eat meat and I wear animals....you dont like it, don't talk to me. I'm not going up to them and shouting about how they are ruining the enviroment with mirco plastics or chemicals to make "vegan or Veg" meat substitutes, not to mention the by-products.

I've had more then one Vegan/Veg try to shame me for wearing leather or fur and for buying meat. The last one that tried to shame me for buying meat in the store....I was in a mood. I told her "Oh I'm only here buying chicken because we didnt raise enough to slaughter for ourselves this year but luckily I dont need to buy much because we slaughtered 2 pigs already and have some lambs going to the butcher soon." I could see her mind implode, it was great. I'm usually a live and let live person but that day I just had enough and no one has a right to tell me what I will and will not eat or try to make me feel ashamed for it. Honestly I would rather raise my own food, and wear animals by-products then plastics that are killing the planet. I buy cotton, linen, or wool, I have recently started replacing my wardrobe with natural fiber garments for two reasons, they look and feel better, they last longer, and they are not going to cause a problem when I am done with them. Do I think I am better then anyone else for my choices, no and I would never shame anyone for theirs.

Latest posts