misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I mean if people eat/drink soap there is some very sad and prolonged toilet time.....and thats only eating/drinking it once not for 5-7 days. I breifly looked into it though and other people are only doing 2 days, so I dunno. Are there any bad side effects from having them drink it for 5-7 days? I dont think I would do it in the hottest part of summer if they are reluctant to drink it.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
I mean if people eat/drink soap there is some very sad and prolonged toilet time.....and thats only eating/drinking it once not for 5-7 days. I breifly looked into it though and other people are only doing 2 days, so I dunno. Are there any bad side effects from having them drink it for 5-7 days? I dont think I would do it in the hottest part of summer if they are reluctant to drink it.
I don't think there would be any bad side effects. Joel Salatin only confines his cattle to Basic H infused water for 3 days, so that could be the norm?

In this heat, I doubt I'd confine them to water they don't like the taste of....they will either drink it plenty and it will be fine or avoid it and become dehydrated. Not sure about that. I only ever used it in the early spring or late fall.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
If the basic "help" of this product is to remove oils, so digesting them can happen....why wouldn't Dawn work?? Lot less expensive. 😁

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
If the basic "help" of this product is to remove oils, so digesting them can happen....why wouldn't Dawn work?? Lot less expensive. 😁
It would and does....but Basic H is supposedly "all natural" whereas Dawn has a truckload of bad chemicals in it. Now, we only have Basic H's word on it that it's made from soy proteins, as it's a proprietary ingredients list and they don't release it. Salatin said it wasn't originally designed as a soap but an agent to put weight on commercially raised turkeys but they found out it worked well as a soap and started marketing it as such.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dawn is EVIL stuff! It really kicks off my chemical issues. I put it down the sink occasionally to clean the grease from the pipes, followed by boiling water. The only dishwashing liquid I can use with no reaction is Palmolive original. Maybe that would work for worms! If I don’t react to it, it has to have less chemicals. I can only use Dove original and Ivory bar soap.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I usually use method products or Mrs Meyers, dawn breaks my skin out. We keep a bottle of blue dawn for doing tires or whatnot but I dont use it for dishes or anthing.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
The only thing they found that would kill the spread of killer bees was Dawn....no other agent has worked so well as spraying the colonies with this powerful surfactant. Same with removing the oil from sea animals.