CLSranch a journal to compensate my lack of memory.

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
On 5-3-24
While I was at the neighbors garage yesterday looking to see if I could back my welding trailer up next to it without tearing up his drive.

My wife noticed a swarm in the tree in a tree in front of the house, kinda above her car before going to town. I just walked past it 15 min's earlier and I didn't see it. She calls me, so me and the boys head back to the house. I set up a complete hive body under neath it with an extra box on top to help them all fall in. I waited a bit because the scouts were checking it out, then seemed not to interested, so I gave the limb, about 15' up a shake.
The mass landed on the corner of the boxes and mostly out of it and all over a bed sheet I had set under it. There was some going in the bottom entrance so I put the lid on and shut it. They crawled from the sheet to completely cover one side of all 3 boxes, over 1" thick on the top box. I decided I could take the top box off slap it down and shake the bee's into the bottom box's and it would probably have the queen and a couple of #'s workers, so they should stay. I also decided I could wait until after the wife got home and the groceries unloaded. I grabbed a handful and went in, she grabbed a handful and went in and said it looks like they're flying up. I set the bags down come back out and out of the 5,000? bee's there were maybe 2 dozen left in those minutes.

I think it was from the feral hive in a tree in the back yard. Been wanting a swarm from it for years. Since I moved in really and why I wanted bee's/started with bee's. They've been busy for weeks, I thought it was from the open feeding after splitting my hive's. I was hoping while feeding my bee's it would help them build up enough to swarm hoping I'd catch it.
5-3-24

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
GM1AS_IaUAALyr1.jpg

I thought that was interesting.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good example because it's so relatable. Just apply it to everything, it's desperation for everyone. 🫤 Worse part? I actually bought some of those fifty cent ones!! 🤣🤣😋

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can't find my magnet on a stick, so I looked at one after church and my son asked what, when I hollered holly cow after looking at the price.
I hated to do it but I bought something off of e-bay the other day. I'm a brick and mortar kind of person. Complete mower deck rebuild was the same price as 1 spindle elsewhere.

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
No matter what side of the AISLE you're on,

THIS is FUNNY and VERY telling!

Judy Wallman, a professional genealogy researcher in southern California , was doing some personal work on her own family tree. She discovered that Congressman Harry Reid's great-great uncle, Remus Reid, was hanged for horse stealing and train robbery in Montana in 1889. Both Judy and Harry Reid share this common ancestor.

The only known photograph of Remus shows him standing on the gallows in Montana territory:

On the back of the picture Judy obtained during her research is this inscription: 'Remus Reid, horse thief, sent to Montana Territorial Prison 1885, escaped 1887, robbed the Montana Flyer six times. Caught by Pinkerton detectives, convicted and hanged in 1889.'

So Judy recently e-mailed Congressman Harry Reid for information about their great-great uncle.
Harry Reid:

Believe it or not, Harry Reid's staff sent back the following biographical sketch for her genealogy research:

"Remus Reid was a famous cowboy in the Montana Territory . His business empire grew to include acquisition of valuable equestrian assets and intimate dealings with the Montana railroad. Beginning in 1883, he devoted several years of his life to government service, finally taking leave to resume his dealings with the railroad. In 1887, he was a key player in a vital investigation run by the renowned Pinkerton Detective Agency. In 1889, Remus passed away during an important civic function held in his honor when the platform upon which he was standing collapsed.."

NOW THAT's how it's done, Folks!
That's real POLITICAL SPIN

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
No matter what side of the AISLE you're on,

THIS is FUNNY and VERY telling!

Judy Wallman, a professional genealogy researcher in southern California , was doing some personal work on her own family tree. She discovered that Congressman Harry Reid's great-great uncle, Remus Reid, was hanged for horse stealing and train robbery in Montana in 1889. Both Judy and Harry Reid share this common ancestor.

The only known photograph of Remus shows him standing on the gallows in Montana territory:

On the back of the picture Judy obtained during her research is this inscription: 'Remus Reid, horse thief, sent to Montana Territorial Prison 1885, escaped 1887, robbed the Montana Flyer six times. Caught by Pinkerton detectives, convicted and hanged in 1889.'

So Judy recently e-mailed Congressman Harry Reid for information about their great-great uncle.
Harry Reid:

Believe it or not, Harry Reid's staff sent back the following biographical sketch for her genealogy research:

"Remus Reid was a famous cowboy in the Montana Territory . His business empire grew to include acquisition of valuable equestrian assets and intimate dealings with the Montana railroad. Beginning in 1883, he devoted several years of his life to government service, finally taking leave to resume his dealings with the railroad. In 1887, he was a key player in a vital investigation run by the renowned Pinkerton Detective Agency. In 1889, Remus passed away during an important civic function held in his honor when the platform upon which he was standing collapsed.."

NOW THAT's how it's done, Folks!
That's real POLITICAL SPIN
OMG.... you are right... what a way to spin a low down thief and general no good......

You are right though, it is funny, literally correct, if very very dishonest in the actual truth of the subject....

Latest posts