Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
My doe went to a clean spot in pasture and had a single buckling. Full Boer 🤷. Dry, fed, passed placenta. Plenty there, so milked some colostrum to freeze. 😄. Tame girls make life easier 💖

IMG_20240427_105254136_HDR.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just got back from Walmart, most of what I bought was animal related, 20 cans canned milk, 4 gallons whole milk, buttermilk, bottlebrush, water hose, 24 pack of canned dogfood. 44pound sack dog food, new measuring up for dog food, and various other items. I got a case of water and 2 boxes of cereal. $222.

Got to mix milk formula for lambs. At 3 weeks, I started mixing my homemade formula with milk replacer, half n’ half. I’ll wean them at end of May.

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hubbs and I have been having ongoing arguments about our next ram. Could. Not. Agree. Had talked about a certain breed but it was totally unavailable. My birthday weekend. I don’t know how he found one. . (Ok fleece but…).

Attachments

• IMG_6934.jpeg
    IMG_6934.jpeg
    240.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Depends on standards. But I have heard rumors on what that breeder sells rams for, and well, it's ridiculous.
I’ve seen clubs go through this with dogs and sheep. It’s sad because the cliques price all but a certain group out. And it’s short lived often because inbreeding from the clique extinguishes healthy genetics. I’m experiencing this now after two decades in Painted Desert Sheep. Hubbs surprised me with that Racka.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'd be marginally okay if it was a ram. This is a ~ 50lb wether so that ~$351 per lb live weight?!
That just makes it sound even more ridiculous. There is some belief that you have a solid chance at winning a big show with one of those animals. But even there, even if you win and sell the animal in a sale of champions, you lose money.