Coffee anyone ?

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
That just makes it sound even more ridiculous. There is some belief that you have a solid chance at winning a big show with one of those animals. But even there, even if you win and sell the animal in a sale of champions, you lose money.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Margali i hope your tarp hasn’t blown away and your sheep are safe. That storm stretches from the border to the Great Lakes, moving east. Not here yet.

@Skiesblue you have a Racka! Wow! I didn’t know there were any even in the country! Wonder what those horns will look like crossed with the curl of Painted Desert? Looks like we’re going to find out. You ought to start this guy his very own thread.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Prices on those sheep remind me of ones some 30 yrs back when Boer goats were imported to USA. Yeah, $50k -- and you couldn't even take possession as they were in quarantine.

@Skiesblue that set of twirly horns is something! ☺️😉. Had to look up the breed. You said y'all didn't agree on breed. Was this the one YOU preferred? And is he a black or a very dark brown? Seems the black are more rare to find. Geesh, hubs REALLY had to search to find one !!

So weather here has done it's turn around from last week, back to a touch warmer than norm even🫤😂 hope to be outside today/tomorrow doing farm stuff. It's behind schedule but, pretty normal this time of yr, being behind. 😐 We'll see what gets done 🤷 anything would be good. Another cup & out the door!!

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Morning, got my 40' pipe in the well hole yesterday with 40' of culvert slid over it with spacers to hold it center. Seems I might be a tad deeper than 40' according to the pipe I put down. Will get pictures later, but need to stand it perfectly straight up today, hold it and start back filling with rock. So much fun.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think I'm too poor for kids to show sheep...
View attachment 107483
And this is why I do not support the showing of animals by 4-H and FFA kids... this is unrealistic fantasy land... These kind of animals do not give the kids any real life experiences with day to day what it takes to be a farmer... this is not what ag is all about.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think I'm too poor for kids to show sheep...
View attachment 107483
Don't you just want a nice lamancha doeling? Even the super nice ones you can chop the big two digits off that-maybe $800 and that's from nationally competitive cream of the crop show winning, hard milking herds. WHY would you even pay that much for a wether? You could get a pretty decent car for that price...or a bite out of a kid's semester's college tuition. Or a new roof!!! Why invest that much in a terminal animal?

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don't you just want a nice lamancha doeling? Even the super nice ones you can chop the big two digits off that-maybe $800 max and that's from nationally competitive cream of the crop show winning, hard milking herds. WHY would you even pay that much for a wether? You could get a pretty decent car for that price...or a bite out of a kid's semester's college tuition. Or a new roof!!! Why invest that much in a terminal animal?
Bragging rights for something that is useless in the long run.

@Baymule we have to measure the horns on the Dall sheep when we sell them to the couple of places that have hunting preserves....