First timer udder development.

Tiny Tails Rabbitry 101

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Yes they do...heck they'll often eat grain between pains.☺️
Thanks! I was wanting to make sure I was not getting my hopes up for nothing! I’m really excited! She has been in pain all day. She is acting odd and did not hesitate or flinch when my hand rubbed over her collar. She just wanted love and comfort. She is grunting and making odd sounds all afternoon. i am not sure if it was my imagination or pee, but I think she had a tiny bit of discharge on her vulva. Idk, maybe it was just pee🤷🏼‍♀️

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks! I was wanting to make sure I was not getting my hopes up for nothing! I’m really excited! She has been in pain all day. She is acting odd and did not hesitate or flinch when my hand rubbed over her collar. She just wanted love and comfort. She is grunting and making odd sounds all afternoon. i am not sure if it was my imagination or pee, but I think she had a tiny bit of discharge on her vulva. Idk, maybe it was just pee🤷🏼‍♀️
Grunting - today’s the day more than likely. Relax, if she’s a first timer it may take some time for her to stretch out. If you’re watching all day first you’ll see mucous (mucous “plug”). For me it watch close even though I want to jump in and hurry things up. That in fact slows things down here.

Tiny Tails Rabbitry 101

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Grunting - today’s the day more than likely. Relax, if she’s a first timer it may take some time for her to stretch out. If you’re watching all day first you’ll see mucous (mucous “plug”). For me it watch close even though I want to jump in and hurry things up. That in fact slows things down here.
Thank you guys so much! I can't wait! I will not hurry it unless it is necessary. I noticed the grunting yesterday.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Often, in early labor they're up & down as babes position themselves. They feel the pressure and think they need to pee, so squat. There's a lot going on!! ☺️ Especially if more than a single.

Tiny Tails Rabbitry 101

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Often, in early labor they're up & down as babes position themselves. They feel the pressure and think they need to pee, so squat. There's a lot going on!! ☺️ Especially if more than a single.
I noticed that too! She is constantly up-down-up-down! She has only had singles before, but I think she is big enough for twins.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It doesn’t matter how many ewes have how many babies, I’m always excited for them.
I’m waiting on your new lamb pictures!