Gardening Thread 2021

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:ep

So I take it not edible? It is in fact a horrid invasive weed?

:hugs
Edible, not that I know of. Insects don't even come around that I've noticed.

It could become invasive. Some popped up where I didn't expect this year. Pods open and drop seeds so I was picking them off to save and plant where I want.
Actually an annual ornamental type of hibiscus. I'm just stupid and forget the gloves every time I do it.:barnie

Marie2020

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
View attachment 88046
All those pretty yellow flowers turn into these hairy ugly seed pods.
View attachment 88047
All those hairs are just like cactus spines.
Thought I was smart and would cut them off with scissors. :he
Yes I should have put the leather gloves on sooner.:hu
I swear there's at least one stuck in my thumb but I can't see it.:hit
Thats painful :rolleyes:I've had a tiny splinter like that.
Soak your thumb or hand regularly the more it soaks the easier it will come out naturally overtime.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I worked in my garden. I have cow panel tomato trellises that I'm taking with me because I can use those cow panels for temporary sheep pens until I find a place I want to buy. Yesterday I took down 7 cow panels, I have to pull up tomato vines today and then I can take down the last 2. I pulled up 18 T-posts and have another 19 to pull today.

Cow panels I took down yesterday.

cfbfcfcd-1249-4cb4-a213-9d6f492fd2b0-jpeg.44848

I'll still have end of season clean up to do, usually wait for a hard freeze to kill everything off. then pull and toss on burn pile. I'll disc it up and make it look good for prospective buyers.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I worked in my garden. I have cow panel tomato trellises that I'm taking with me because I can use those cow panels for temporary sheep pens until I find a place I want to buy. Yesterday I took down 7 cow panels, I have to pull up tomato vines today and then I can take down the last 2. I pulled up 18 T-posts and have another 19 to pull today.

I'll still have end of season clean up to do, usually wait for a hard freeze to kill everything off. then pull and toss on burn pile. I'll disc it up and make it look good for prospective buyers.
Look how GREEN it still is there!!!! :ep

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score

Have you ever made an arbor with the panels? I thought I'd try it with pole beans and use the shade for something that could use less direct sun. They look heavy and hard to bend?