Hello!

Arrow91

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hello! We are a homeschooling family of 6 in the Texas Panhandle working on building our homestead. So far we’ve got a veggie garden, 5 laying hens and 3 rabbits. They are all does, and they’re actually just a pet (Lionhead) and 2 show rabbits (mini lop & satin) but we’d eventually like to breed more meat rabbits as well.

Attachments

• 03DDEC79-22DA-4695-8DBB-C8A5710C0B95.jpeg
    03DDEC79-22DA-4695-8DBB-C8A5710C0B95.jpeg
    339.3 KB · Views: 77

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Howdy and welcome!

I grew up in Texas, but moved to Alaska after my first child was born... more open space up here!

I homeschooled/am homeschooling all 5 of the kids. Mine are ages 23 down to 14.

I only have sons... so no idea about raising girls, but hard work and chores first thing in the morning definitely makes for easier school days!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
:welcome I don't get on the welcome wagon very often due to time restraints with the farm and work. But had a few minutes and saw some posts by new members. We are always glad to see that people have some common sense and desire to become more self sufficient and prepared for life.

Chickens are a great start... Hope that you do well with them. I would love to breed Rex rabbits for meat, but I cannot get passed the killing part... I can do chickens, we eat our own beef and occasional lamb, have no problem with harvesting deer... I really want to work with some Rex pelts... they feel amazing...

Best of luck with the homesteading part of your new life.....
There are several Texas members on here a couple are homeschooling mom's like @Jesusfreak101 ...

Latest posts