Reaction score
036-1.jpg

050-1.jpg

054-1.jpg

055-1.jpg

jason_mazzy

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Family farm. raise em, breed em, sell em, and eat em! Thats my plans.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I don't have any experience with zebu...didn't know if you milked them or just breed and eat them...

Can you milk them? I mean, I know you can milk anything with an udder but are they easily milked?

jason_mazzy

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
1 gallon a day give or take. known to be some of the higest quality milk available. 300-350 dressed steer weight, so perfect for the family farm. eats 1/3 of what an angus eats. able to raise 2 per acre of pasture for minimal feed cost. Great family farm cow. Great eating cow. great pet. and high resale in the exotics market.

TigerLilly

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have a young (future) breeding pair. They were both bottle-fed & paid lots of attention, even before I got them. The bull is very sweet, halter & leash trained. Lots easier to deal with than a full-size bull!
I love mine & can't wait for them to reach breeding age.
jason_mazzy, have you eaten zebu yet? I have the same plans for mine as you, but never had the meat. Hoping for a bull-calf the first time out so he can be steered & raised for the meat.

theawesomefowl

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I'd love a Zebu, or any kind of Mini cow, but they are way too expensive for me. So I'm starting with sheep...

jason_mazzy

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Goats are good choices. no sheering.

theawesomefowl

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Well, they're hair sheep, and I'm also getting a pet goat. I love goats, just rather eat lamb than goat meat, and not interested in goat milk.