Purplequeenvt - New Journal

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Better pictures of Thursday morning’s boys.

The twins, Fred and George

Finna’s boy, Cyril

I have to go over pedigrees to make sure he’s not too related, but I may grow Cyril out as a potential breeding ram.

I let all the new lambs out of their pens. P-Ewe’s girl, Eugenie’s, legs are still not straight, hopefully running around with the other babies will strengthen and straighten them out.

I’ve got to start tagging lambs soon. I can tell them all apart right now, but the more white BL lambs the harder it will get.

———

I re-checked pregnancies on Jura, Freyja, Orla, and Oona.

Jura scanned pregnant again and her bodily changes agree.

I scanned her anyway, but I don’t need a test to tell me that Freyja is pregnant. Her udder is filling up.

I got a positive tone on both little girls again, but it was close enough to where their bladders would be that I’m still holding out hope that their little boobies are just hormones.

I did not recheck Elsa because she’s obviously not pregnant. She will be going to the sale barn next time we take a load. I have too many nicer yearlings coming up to give her another chance.

———

There’s 6 ewes due next week. Hirta (BL) is due 3/12, Jemima (BL) and Linga (Shetland) on 3/14, Farr and Mallie (both Shetlands) on 3/15, and Fyne (Shetland) on 3/16.

I ended up putting a couple stitches in Dee’s vulva to keep her prolapse in place. She was acting very uncomfortable with the prolapse spoon. She’s due on 3/22. I’ll try taking the stitches out a few days before.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Right on schedule, Hirta popped out twins this morning. Found them on the camera when I woke up. White girl, black boy.

I’ve broken my little Shetland baby, Twig. She runs right up to me during chores almost every morning and demands pets and snuggles. She takes after her mom, grandma, and great-grandma.

Binti is doing amazingly well!

Eugenie’s legs are just about straight.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday

Today

Twin boys, of course, but they have spots! The first one is all black with only some head and face spots. He will turn gray.

I wish #2 was a girl. He’s spotty all over. Not sure yet if he’ll turn gray.

Linga is a first-time mom. I was not expecting twins so that was a nice surprise. They’re a good size too.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Linga’s twin sister, Fyne, is over being pregnant. She’s due on Saturday, but I wouldn’t be surprised if she goes today or tomorrow.

Jemima is due today, but she’s not up to much at the moment. Her butt is puffier and her udder is bigger than yesterday. I’m only expecting 1 from her. She tends to have singles. She’s on my potential sell list this year.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Twig is so freaking cute. She’s constantly running up to me and pestering for attention.

Hirta’s Tuesday babies

I love Cyril. He’s the opposite of his full sister, Pamina, from last year. She’s was super spooky from day one. He’s a little stalker.

Everyone loves Grandma Valerie! Lamb races in the barn usually involve using her as a launch pad.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
If only Twig could stay that size forever 🥰🤣 Sooo cute and huggable.

That last ewe pic -- single??? Looks like 3-4 in that pile😳🤣🤣🤔🥴 wow.
Well normally I’d say one since she’s a first-timer, but her sister was smaller girth-wise and she had 2 so who knows! 🤷🏼‍♀️