Sentry, Baymule’s Livestock Guard Dog

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Where is the picture with a turtle in his mouth? LOL

Here’s a couple of him commencing to chow down on a couple. Can’t find the one with the turtle in his mouth, running away from me, because I’m gonna take his turtle!

IMG_4666.jpeg

IMG_4641.jpeg

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Can’t find the one with the turtle in his mouth, running away from me, because I’m gonna take his turtle!
That is our problem if DD2's cat catches a mouse. No way he will stay still so we can remove it ... until it is dead and he is done playing with it. Then he just leaves it somewhere for us to find.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I came home to find Sentry barking his head off in the front field. I got a bucket and shovel and went to get the turtle. Ummm….,, nope. He grabbed it and ran. It was already crunched up anyway. So I dropped shovel and bucket and went to him, petted and praised him. He can have his turtle. I don’t know if he’s going to eat it or not. He ran to the gate and got a drink of water and ran back to his prize.

IMG_5878.jpeg

IMG_5879.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had a little excitement this morning. I put Sentry with ewes and lambs in front field. I was walking and looking at future barn site. Sentry “had” something. I went to look, expecting to find a crawdad. Whatever it was, it was gone. So I told him to “get it” and “where is it?”

He found it, pounced, bit it and slung it. Horrified, I tried to call him off of it, but nope. Sentry is WORKING. It was trying to get away, he slung it a couple more times. It came at me, I stomped its head. Sentry bit it again and tore it in half.

Look closely.

IMG_6074.jpeg

IMG_6073.jpeg

Red and yella kill a fella.
Ted and black friend of Jack.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had a little excitement this morning. I put Sentry with ewes and lambs in front field. I was walking and looking at future barn site. Sentry “had” something. I went to look, expecting to find a crawdad. Whatever it was, it was gone. So I told him to “get it” and “where is it?”

He found it, pounced, bit it and slung it. Horrified, I tried to call him off of it, but nope. Sentry is WORKING. It was trying to get away, he slung it a couple more times. It came at me, I stomped its head. Sentry bit it again and tore it in half.

Look closely.

View attachment 105591

View attachment 105592

Red and yella kill a fella.
Ted and black friend of Jack.
OMG!!! Yike Yike YIKE. You’re one brave lady stomping on its head. But I get it - in the moment we do what we do. At least my nasties make noise.