Blessedfarmgirl's 2024 lambing/kidding thread

blessedfarmgirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
This year is my second year with sheep, and my second lambing season! I am very excited for our first sets of twins. I have 5 adult ewes who have all lambed once before, and 2 first timers, both born on my farm early this year. I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly both of them grew, especially the ewe born in April, she is as big as my February ewe lamb, and had her first heat around the same time.
First up and due next Wednesday is Marian, my only ewe with some color. She's a great mom and lambed with no complications last year. She was our most wild ewe until recently, I'm not sure if it's the pregnancy hormones or if she's actually getting tame, but she's warming up to us really well. She was always the one hanging back about twenty feet when the others came to mob us, now she's eating out of our hands.
Then I have Eleanor, Lucy, Phoebe and Emily, all due sometime in January or February. I didn't see them get bred, so they are all guesses. Everyone is looking big already.
The ewe lambs, Heidi and Liesel, are due at the end of March/early April.
Last but not least, my only spring kids are due in mid March. I'm going to have a busy start to 2024!
I'll post pics as they come!

blessedfarmgirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
No lambs yet, but I got some ewe bump pictures!
Marian is due today, and Elanor looks like she'll be due any day. I discovered this morning that she's producing colostrum already. Getting together my lambing kit later this afternoon in preparation.
These pictures really do no justice to how wide they both look!
Marian
IMG_20240103_114800051.jpg

Elanor
IMG_20240103_114754098.jpg

Everyone got a pine needle treat.

IMG_20240103_115035608.jpg

blessedfarmgirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
IMG_20240108_081326120.jpg

4 days overdue and Marian finally delivered! She had the lamb last night before all the rain and storms, thankfully. I think it looked like a ewe lamb when it was walking around last night, but when I dip it later I'll know for sure.
Mama looks so proud!