Coffee anyone ?

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Currently 12°F, not too bad. Says cloudy today, but I still see snow falling. Haven't had solar in 3 days so far with running two incubators, a brooder box and a cat box it's sure putting a load on the battery. I have to run genset at least 4 hours a day and we aren't getting a break till Wednesday. Thursday the snow/rain comes back and doesn't leave till Monday or later.
What am I going to do today, I don't know though I do know by time coffee is done I will be perking myself with anxiety to get something done.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are exchanging the hostages at the Katahdin sheep seminar April 13. Stalls open up at 3:00 on the 12th, my job is to be there when they open and stake claim to the 2 she has reserved. @Margali I can make signs to hang on the pens. What name did you reserve them in?
LOL on hostage exchange. It's first come, first served no reservations. We will need 2 pens, one for ram lambs and one for ewes. Are you bringing any lambs besides the black ewe? From what I've heard very few ewes will be there so if you have a recorded % proven ewe that you are letting go this might be the time.

I will have a nice stall sign for mine once I get there. In meantime, I will message you the logo.png and you can print out for my stall.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
LOL on hostage exchange. It's first come, first served no reservations. We will need 2 pens, one for ram lambs and one for ewes. Are you bringing any lambs besides the black ewe? From what I've heard very few ewes will be there so if you have a recorded % proven ewe that you are letting go this might be the time.

I will have a nice stall sign for mine once I get there. In meantime, I will message you the logo.png and you can print out for my stall.

can’t print anything.

Scanning my list of ewes, I really don’t have any to let go right now. Still building the flock, I’m not at that place where I can proudly offer them up for sale. I’ll make a note of that for next year and might bring some young recorded ewes. I’ll be sorting out 15 between 3 rams in the next week or two, that would put them at a good age to put some up for sale. Looking at my list of the ewes I’ll be breeding soon, I’ll have second and third generation lambs and a few first generation. It’s so HARD to let them go when I’m so close to full registration! LOL

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning! I am able to feed for the first time in 3 days. Hella flare seems to be over. Need to feed, make some bread and work on clearing the kitchen table which is the catch all for everything from mail to Randy’s tools. 😖
Can’t think beyond that. Have a doll I need to finish but I’m stuck on how to put her all together and do her hair.
Figure it out before the kid is 16…

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Slow catching up

It is bad... my retinas are thinning, dramatically. In my right eye some of the retina is already "lost" (thickened and scarred up) the "spot" in that right eye is a volcano... blood pushing up against the retina, making it look like a volcano wanting to erupt... and... retinas do not work well when in that position. It is of course, located in the smack dab middle of the field of vision in my right eye... which is why I noticed it.
Wow, I'm so sorry!!! I hope they can fix you up. :hugs

hick and the Peeptones sing their break out hit “We’re Up All Night and So Are You” ah the memories. My brooder is on the other end of the house now.
One quiet night in the bedroom then out to the barn with their Mama Heating Pad brooder or to a broody hen.
No light, they sleep. MHP for the win every time. Though now I have Zeus so any new chicks will be out in the barn from lay to hatch :D

Watch your step. Yeah - I know we all do. 👍👍
I just try to not run over the nice garter snakes with the mower, no nasties here!

compared to my 6' 120 lbs.
I sure hope that is a typo!!!

But they will not be the first company to do a layoff of the higher paid workers with years of experience, then come back and hire on lower paid, to replace them.
Oh yeah. Worked 34 years at IBM manufacturing plant. The names on the cleaning crews shirts changed every year or two but the faces were mostly the same. I'm sure they never made more money, corporate just kept hitting the cheapest contract, the the "winning" company hired people from the prior company.

It's actually cheaper to buy the buckets than by the barrel
Sure would be nice if there was some sort of business that could clean the hydraulic fluid for a decent price and give it back.

YES..... AGREE.... they ought to be SHOT..... end of problem.... God will judge me for this.... but I have about run out of any patience or sympathy....
Except you have to FIND them and they are in a foreign country that either doesn't give a cr@p or is more than happy to have them trying to screw the USA.

Coffee SPIKED with homemade eggnog I good any time of year…….
I bet, Mama Wall's eggnog!!!

:hide:hide:hide:hide:hide I have the old style "regular" snap traps, and they seem to do okay most all the time... and yes, I use peanut butter most of the time...
I use this
DSCN0829.jpg
Christofur is plenty fast when he wants to be. Now that Checkers lives in VA, there is no "MINE!!!!" eaten and barfed mouse carcasses here. Just a dead mouse left on the floor. Never did know which of the boys did the eating and barfing.

Morning all! Lovely 10 degrees in Wyoming this morning.
Stay warm everyone and good luck at the sale!
13°F here but rising to 45°F. Not sure how long the 9" of snow we got Saturday will last.