Coffee anyone ?

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning all! Back to some chilly mornings, just when I was glad to not be defrosting my car in the morning.
Started my morning with a chilly run, gatorade now. Full day of class today, then hopefully out to the barn briefly. Trying to get to the grocery store soon for some ingredients for Easter goodies.
Awful news about the bridge in Baltimore. Saw there were some construction workers on top of it, prayers to everyone involved and their families.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
The mysterious illness seems to be a form of Avian flu that has crossed species into cattle.... Supposedly pasteurization will kill it in the milk... I am looking for more info on it... mentioned in the CT cattle forum....
NOT GOOD.... and they are saying they want cattle numbers to keep declining so that we eat less meat...
Coincidence or some sort of Manipulation ?????

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. I got industrious yesterday and dragged horse panels around. I had 3 full length and 3 almost full length. I got all but the last one put up. Dug out a gate from my gate stash and propped it against the fence. I need to carry in pallets, 2x4s and the 2 R panels and make a shelter, finish the pen and it will be ready for Rocky and his 5 Baby Mommas. Ringo 2.0 will get 3 or 4, Cooper will get 6. Then I’ll have 5 weaned ewes to grow off for next year.

All this temporary stuff has a way of getting too permanent but I will keep my eye on the prize and pile up building materials for the barn.

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The west wasn't won eating salad and nor from tossing it either.

Going to be warm day, finally going to break 20's going to hit 50°F which is quite warm. Going to shelve the sides of the hole the excavator is in, down to the depth I can't see above ground of where I'm dumping dirt anymore. Plus it will take pressure off the side walls to not collapse in.
So far the excavator is down 13' below surface and going further.