Goats and chickens

Acre4Me

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Here I am…longtime user of BYC, same user name.

But now we have pregnant Nigerian Dwarf does. They will be 2yo when they deliver their first babies. These does are sisters, two from a set of triplets. We borrowed a registered ND male for 5 weeks (wow, the smell is not for the faint of heart), and believe that one is due 2-3 weeks ahead of the other since he was solely interested in one doe at first, plus that doe looks larger. Prior to bringing in the buck, we had the vet over for a farm visit so they could assess everything and health of does before breeding.

We have them housed in a protected outdoor pen next to the chickens. The pen has electric and lighting installed by electrician. We built the pen with two doors in case we needed to separate the does with their respective babies.

Now, I’ll be in here to learn more info in prep for goat kids!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome! The first thing you will learn after birth of kids, is that your carefully planned and well thought out shelter is TOO SMALL!

Yup, you will want to keep those adorable babies! Chicken math applies to all other farm animals. If you are restricted to how many goats that you can keep, this will be hard for you. But it can be done, it just takes willpower and ignoring US. We are excellent enablers and encourage others to keep, buy more, and enlarge their herd.

Welcome to the forum, we will be waiting on pictures of the adorable babies!

Latest posts