How to stop bird from 💩 & attacking car??

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
In all seriousness, my mom had this happen with a cardinal. She laughed at it because that was all she could do. He fought himself in all her house and car windows and the mirrors of all the vehicles. Dumb bird. He eventually probably got eaten by predators due because of out of place priorities because he disappeared. It lasted a along time though. The indoor cat sure wanted him. Very pretty bird but no brains.
My barn cat's dead, fence isn't secure for my house cat, so I can't hope a kitty eats it...

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
There's 3 of them now....
20231123_084853.jpg20231123_084852.jpg20231123_085105.jpg

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh geeze - it's a bird riot. How about putting a sheet or shade cloth over the car and bungie it down. Then put some pink flamingos with whirly tails on top and just for good measure a fake owl on the hood. IF you pick the right colors it could be a Christmas decoration, and while on the car you could drive in a parade. ;) OK I got a little carried away - it was the birds.

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have the exact same problem and they will coat a side door with schit!, Tried folding mirrors in and cover them helps a lot, as for any definitive solution, I don't know. Only thing I can suggest is putting a cover over top half of the vehicle.
They also like to move into any nook or cranny that is dark. Had one bird of the sorts don't know what it was, every spring they would come in and start their sexual chant around 0400 hrs to 0500 hrs. One got too close to our bedroom window in a tree and I shot that with buckshot, all you seen was poof of feathers.