Leonidas' Story

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Leo's first direct intro to sheep went okay. I had him drag a 15ft long lead so I had chance of catching him. He rambled same path as previous excursions then went to middle of shrubbery and marked it as well. White lamb jumpy in front of him triggered no reaction. He passed around sheep herd then remarked the cleared path next to subdivision.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
He has bandage completely off now. Will have Alijah pin him for rebandaging. It's looking okay even with him licking it all night.
P_20240321_095826.jpg

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
This could have gone better. I was prepping to let him out and he exploded the chain like confetti.
P_20240321_112730.jpg
He then bowled Hera over greeting her which earned him snarls. She limped to sideline as he did puppy zoomies through the flock. She kept an eye on us for awhile then went to lay down as I managed to aim zoomies away from flock. He didn't single anyone out in chase mode but sheep were still upset. I got them settled down in v by sheep shed and waved off Leo with spread armed AHNT when he approached fast.

A few more laps then he approached slowly and sat on me. Encouraged with 'good sit' and talked to him a bit before putting away in pen. Taking a break now.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses I have only 10min for morning chores between false dawn, school schedule, and early meetings. I'm think about taking longer lunches. I can luring sheep into shed with small grain ration. Let Leo do zoomies while sheep eat grain then give them about 40 minutes together before I put Leonidas up and go back to work. Gets me home later but with summer approaching I will still have daylight in evening.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Afternoon rebandaging went okay. Thankful next change should be last one. I let Leonidas out and get engaged in marking before I let sheep out. This sheep visit went much better though sheep were very nervous after lunch time chaos. I had short leash on him and able to tether on different t-posts in sheep side while I did chores. I'm telling him "CALMLY, GOOD BOY" whenever he is calm and slow around sheep. Hopefully, I can make it a slow down command.

Dinner was quick feed and meds because it was pouring rain.

Last edited: