akroberts 1085

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I decided to start on the edible flower bed and then I just decided Darlin and Little One needed to get in some free time. They are truly giving me so much joy. I absolutely love my girls

akroberts 1085

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
This is Penny and I am wondering if Penny might be a Cockerel. I was hoping that maybe someone with more experience could help me out with this.
IMG_20240429_134454.jpg

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is the chicken a white leghorn? Easiest way to tell, the hackle feathers on the neck will come in pointed, and the saddle feathers will also come in with pointed ends... A pullet will have more rounded ends on the feathers and they will blend the body feathers into the tail area, but the males's saddle feathers will be defined and fall to both sides of the tail more.

akroberts 1085

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Is the chicken a white leghorn? Easiest way to tell, the hackle feathers on the neck will come in pointed, and the saddle feathers will also come in with pointed ends... A pullet will have more rounded ends on the feathers and they will blend the body feathers into the tail area, but the males's saddle feathers will be defined and fall to both sides of the tail more.
Yes it's a white leghorn but I don't really know much about the feathers. I kinda feel like I should have had gotten more info on raising chickens before I got them. But if she's a he then oh well I just won't have to buy anymore chicks.