Purplequeenvt - New Journal

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mallie’s girl, Sally.

The gray on her lips is what I’m referring to when I say “sugar lips”. This means she has the graying gene and her fleece will be gray instead of black.

Compare that to Farr’s girl, Susan. She does not have sugar lips. She will most likely stay black.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was sick all day Monday. It was that tired, slight sore throat feeling that you could tell was leading to something more. I napped off and on all day. I even texted my boss to let her know that there was a chance I wouldn’t be able to work on Tuesday. I woke up on Tuesday still able to breathe through my nose and without the sore throat so I went to work.

I ended up coming home early. Work was slow and I was tired.

I was exposed to Covid on Friday and flu A on Saturday, but I’m pretty sure this is just a cold. I’ve got a stuffy nose and a slight cough today, but otherwise I feel fine.

I sat out with the sheep for a little while when I got home and got to enjoy the evening lamb races. They weren’t all in agreement over the race course so there were quite a few collisions.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dee lambed this afternoon. 2 boys, 1 black with sugar lips, 1 moorit. I guess the my must have been pretty squished in there because less than 3hrs after they were born, they were bouncing around the stall.

This is the end of the official Shetland lambing season, although Freyja and possibly the 2 yearlings are still due at an unknown date. 10 lambs - 5 girls, 5 boys. 4 sets of twins, 2 singles.

There’s 2 more Border Leicesters left, Isla (4/3) and Jura (4/17).