Purplequeenvt - New Journal

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Right on schedule, Isla lambed at 1230 this morning. I’m pretty sure he’s actually a giraffe.

His back end still needs to straighten up, but he’s got a lot of potential. And can we just talk about his ears for a minute! Perfection.

He and Cyril are my 2 probable grow-out/breeding ram prospects. They both happen to be scrapie codon RR. The other ram lambs are decent, but not spectacular.

As expected, Isla only has 1/2 an udder.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Right on schedule, Isla lambed at 1230 this morning. I’m pretty sure he’s actually a giraffe.

His back end still needs to straighten up, but he’s got a lot of potential. And can we just talk about his ears for a minute! Perfection.

He and Cyril are my 2 probable grow-out/breeding ram prospects. They both happen to be scrapie codon RR. The other ram lambs are decent, but not spectacular.

SO CUTE!!!! 🥰

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score

He’s one of those that even at such an early age, you just know. Quality stands out, it’s the “it” factor. He just has “it” and you know it when you see it.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mr Twister had to go to the vet this morning. I found a wound on his chest last night. Had to have happened on Wednesday. He either ran into something next door or the JRT bit him. The JRT harasses him and goes after him when he’s trying to go through doors. My money is on a bite.

This vet office doesn’t really do appointments. They open at 0730, we were there at 0720 and there was already a line. We got in and out in an hour though. Twist was the only dog in the waiting room not shaking, whining, or pacing.

No stitches, just shaved and cleaned. His got antibiotics and anti-inflammatory meds and a wound spray. The vet said we could do stitches, but it would require sedation and trimming the edges to get it to heal. Since it’s probably a dog bite, I’d rather it be open.

Thankfully his long upper mane nicely covers the naked area.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Freyja lambed. I’m at work so I just discovered them on the camera. She had twins, but one looks stillborn. It’s flat out on its side and I haven’t seen any movement. The other lamb is up and lively.

Unfortunately, the fact she lambed today means that they are Border Leicester/Shetland crosses. Today is exactly 147 days since Burton (Border Leicester) very briefly got into the pen with the lambs/retirees.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Freyja lambed. I’m at work so I just discovered them on the camera. She had twins, but one looks stillborn. It’s flat out on its side and I haven’t seen any movement. The other lamb is up and lively.

Unfortunately, the fact she lambed today means that they are Border Leicester/Shetland crosses. Today is exactly 147 days since Burton (Border Leicester) very briefly got into the pen with the lambs/retirees.

:th:th:th:th

Latest posts