Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
With small equipment I would spread it and pack it down in 6 inch lifts. Must of been a small single axle dump truck for that little bit of dirt.
That’s 15 yards. The way the gate is situated, can’t get a belly dump in there. Thanks for the advice on spreading it. I can drive over it with my 23 HP Kubota tractor.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
That’s 15 yards. The way the gate is situated, can’t get a belly dump in there. Thanks for the advice on spreading it. I can drive over it with my 23 HP Kubota tractor.
They can get up to about 25 yards before going belly dump so if you ever want dirt again and need that much. I can shove 20 in mine before starting to put the lift axle down and side boards up. I figured you were going to do that with the Kubota is why I advised it, now if one had compactor or heavy machinery like a semi, then 1' lifts or higher can be had.
A 8k lb pickup truck can compact better than a 8k tractor based on tire sizes and pounds per a square inch surface touching with tires.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
IMG_6032.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had a glorious day yesterday! Tractor time! Dirt! Sunshine! Oh gosh, it was wonderful!

First things first, I built up a high dirt pad for dirty birdies. I picked the highest spot in the yard. A dozen or more bucket loads in my 4’ bucket, did the trick. With my little tractor, sometimes I feel like I’m doing things with a spoon, but oh well. I just keep going until it’s done. I dragged chicken tractor on top of the heap. Nope. Low on one end. Dragged it off and got more dirt. Finally got it up high and hopefully dry.

IMG_6034.jpeg

IMG_6035.jpeg

IMG_6049.jpeg

I took mule to back to tear down an old pen of 5 cow panels.

IMG_6036.jpeg

Son was tinkering on his old tractor and came over and helped. Then he tied them to back of mule and I dragged them up front. I parked mule, aimed at gate. When I ran the ewes back across the driveway to their night pen, I dragged the cow panels in the front field.

Dirt! I pushed and pulled dirt around to my hearts delight.

IMG_6040.jpeg

I made a pad for a temporary cow panel hoop shelter. I’ll put up a night pen and the front field will become the home for the 14 ewes about to lamb.

Sheep and dog tested, sheep and dog approved.

IMG_6047.jpeg

IMG_6038.jpeg

Then I spread out the other load of dirt where the permanent barn will go. First load down, many more to come.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
At dawn on March 6, 1836, the 13th day of the siege, the Battle of the Alamo commenced. Fighting lasted roughly 90 minutes, and by daybreak all the Defenders had perished, including a former congressman from Tennessee, David Crockett. The loss of the garrison was felt all over Texas, and even the world.

REMEMBER THE ALAMO!

Latest posts