Baymule’s Journal

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Those were great patriots who held out in the knowledge of certain death waiting for the help they had been promised by their government. They were betrayed like we are by our government in Washington who have opened the border to all the criminals their governments are sending us. Keep your powder dry! REMEMBER THE ALAMO!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sunday afternoon I put up 3 cow panels in a hoop. Gonna be a sheep shelter for the ewes that are due in a few weeks. Still need to put up a tarp and put a night pen around it.

Monday had to meet son halfway between here and Houston. He left Sunday for Baytown, to go get his RV and bring it home. He opened up FB and there was a job, wanting a crane operator NOW. He called, got the job and had to go to Houston Monday morning to hire in. Then had to be in Midland Tuesday morning to go to work. Only one problem. He left his basket of clean clothes here, thinking he was coming back. So I took him his clothes.

Yesterday and today, I worked on sheetrock, helping my friend. I did ceilings , second coat of mud. He did walls. And by this afternoon all ceilings had second coat of mud on the sheetrock seams, smoothed out. I did some walls. When I left, he only had 3 walls left to do. Then let dry and he can sand. Then texture and paint. He’s so excited. I’m done, he’s on to the next step. He was very grateful for the help I’ve given him.

I mudded ceilings and walls in a room where all the flooring is stacked. I had to stand on the stack to reach some of the ceiling and walls. Only a little over 4 feet of clearance, I’m taller than that, so was all contorted, trying to slap mud. But I did it.

IMG_6058.jpeg

IMG_6057.jpeg

I’m happy that I helped my friend, but glad I’m done! LOL

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
At dawn on March 6, 1836, the 13th day of the siege, the Battle of the Alamo commenced. Fighting lasted roughly 90 minutes, and by daybreak all the Defenders had perished, including a former congressman from Tennessee, David Crockett. The loss of the garrison was felt all over Texas, and even the world.

REMEMBER THE ALAMO!
All for nothing as the Mexicans are taking over and getting Texas without a fight.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks like you might have enough cover for them to be able to fit inside. After these downpours we have been having, my poor girls crowd into one side and bump the others out the opposite side. Then those girls try to crowd in and so on. I am looking forward to putting up enough shelters in Texas to avoid that.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is temporary shelter while I build a barn. Barn will take awhile, save up money, spend on materials. BUT clearing fence row is FREE! I need that back field, so will shift my attention to that fence.

There is no shade in this field. So this is shelter from rain and hot sun. The extra tarp is their shade porch. LOL

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m planning on a 3 sided shed type, 50’x20’ with a 1’x10’ feed room in the middle to separate the barn into 2 sections. That will give me the option of opening gates allowing flock to bed down where they want, or dividing the flock. Tentative plans are to use front field as a lambing field. Cross fenced, I can leave lambs in to be weaned and separate ram lambs from ewe lambs. I need to haul in more dirt, then buy power line poles, lumber (lots of lumber) plywood for decking, radiant heat barrier to go over plywood and R panel for roof. I’ll just have to buy materials until I have enough to put up poles and roof. If I have to wrap sides with a tarp for awhile, I’m ok with that!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My DD and family came in Saturday night. Son in law put up the last 2 ceiling fans Sunday. I finally have a fan in my bedroom. We had a nice, if short visit and they left at noon. I have the 2 youngest for the week. Yesterday we went to the grocery store, then to son’s house and got 4 boxes of BJs artwork. I bought 2 binders and plastic page savers. I took pictures out of frames, girls put them into page savers, about 50 of them. I have a bunch that are just that little bit too big, don’t know yet what I’ll do with those. I’m thinking there’s another couple boxes still at son’s house. We made 2 pumpkin pies and ate most of one of them. We’ll finish that one off for breakfast. Having fun.

Dogs adore the girls and they love going in to play with the dogs. Cooper is being a little rambunctious so I have to put him up. I think the presence of the 2 young rams is making his balls overtake his tiny little brain.

Latest posts