Baymule’s Journal

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is posted prominently in our kitchen. It was a gift from DDIL1.
PXL_20240325_202808551.MP.jpg
DD1 tried to tell us we could not watch CSI while babysitting our 3-month-old grandson since it was too "graphic". Needless to say, we informed her that what we watched at our house was our business. Apparently, the free babysitting was more important than our choice of TV programs. She did not approve of Fox News either because it was too "political". :somad:lol:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is posted prominently in our kitchen. It was a gift from DDIL1.
View attachment 106166
DD1 tried to tell us we could not watch CSI while babysitting our 3-month-old grandson since it was too "graphic". Needless to say, we informed her that what we watched at our house was our business. Apparently, the free babysitting was more important than our choice of TV programs. She did not approve of Fox News either because it was too "political". :somad:lol:
Good thing is, she is not going to have to worry about it anymore.... neither the "too graphic" which is a crock of ......or the "too political" which is an even bigger crock..... and she will not be able to sponge off you for constant free baby sitting...
Seems like a WIN WIN WIN for you......

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Her kids are almost out of needing babysitting at 15, 13, and 10. Although she did tell Elizabeth that she couldn't watch "Ghosts" with her grandfather because it was not an "appropriate" show. It is a silly show but not sure what is so "inappropriate". LOL

DH and I agreed this am that we like the smaller house in TX and like being there by ourselves. Robert turned 3 today and is getting cuter, while 1 year old Nicky is a real joy. He is a very happy baby, always laughing and trying to talk. In fact, his vocabulary almost is larger than Robert. Robert is receiving speech therapy to help him with language. We will miss the grandchildren but this needs to be our time.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I worked on building a pen for Rocky and 5 gonna be his Baby Mommas. I had horse panels propped up against the back of the shed. There was also one wired to that red gate that I took down. These were in Reina’s pen, so I put her in the round pen.

IMG_6187.jpeg

Reina has calmed dow a tremendous amount, she’s nowhere near the scared silly spooky, panic-RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! That she used to be. I didn’t bring in the mule until I dragged them out in the field and shut the red gate. She watched, but didn’t act afraid. Several times I walked over to her and petted her.

IMG_6190.jpeg

I got them out, in two piles. 3 full length and 3 not full length.

IMG_6191.jpeg

Then I tied them to the mule to drag up the gate to the front field. Hay string breaks when trying to pull 3 horse panels.

IMG_6192.jpeg

So I re tied the string to 1 and pulled it, then 2 and pulled them. Then the 3 partial panels and dragged them to the gate to the front field.

Ewes were grazing up close to the road and didn’t care what I was doing. I put Carson in his yard to keep him from running in the field when I opened the gate. He cried, barked and howled his displeasure and hurt feelings the whole time, because he wasn’t riding in the front seat with me.

Sheba was on duty, under a shade tree and never made a move to come to me or run out the gate. I dragged panels in and dropped them, went back for more until I had them all in the front field.

Then I took Carson for a ride down the road. That made him happy.

I got all the panels put up except the last one, got a gate dug out of my pile and dragged that in. Then it was time to feed and water, evening time.

Hopefully today I finish.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just lay the panels over the trailer ball. Tight turns are limited but, fast hook up to pull. How do I know🥳😋

Horse panel holes are 2”x4” and won’t go over the trailer ball.

Those two shipping containers are prime for a hoop roof, make a nice shelter or storage of sorts.

That’s the plan. Already have set of 40’ trusses. Have to tear down old sheds and a roping run made of horse wire and wood posts that happens to be overgrown with dewberry, blackberry, green briar and whatever else. Then hire 18 wheeler wrecker to set one. Empty out the other one, put stuff in set one. Wrecker come back and set other one. Roof over entire thing with 20’ extension on side closest to house for parking truck, equipment. 20’ extension on other side for trailers. Interior for hay barn and whatever else I want to use it for.

In the meantime I need a small barn for sheep in front field, bigger barn in middle field that will serve middle and back field. And more FENCE.

I’ll probably get this place all built the way I want it, then kick the bucket, hobble in the Pearly Gates pissed off because I wasn’t through playing yet. 😃😃😃

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Horse panel holes are 2”x4” and won’t go over the trailer ball.
Oooh...those expensive ones! 😁. I have 9 of them, bought for $15 each, 2nd hand. They're $125+ now 😱 so won't be buying more 🤣. Plus REALLY heavy with all that extra steel. But destined to be buck containment, instead of current fence area.