Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rest time is over. Time to feed dogs, horse, chickens and lastly, sheep. Tired. Been chopping thistles with a hoe, grubbing up the roots. Filled 9 feed bags, they were heavy with the dirt that wouldn’t come off the root ball. Loaded them in truck, Carson rode in back seat and we went to the dumpster.
Son helped me hang a gate at the temporary pen with the doomed to fail temporary Pallet Palace. Been working outside all day.

My feel good hurts. Sore. I think I fractured the cartilage between rib and sternum a couple of days ago. It hasn’t popped loose, it’s not poking out. It hurts to take a deep breath. Need to go pound a few T-posts but I’m too exhausted. Left side hurts.

Gonna go do evening chores.

Butterfly was due yesterday, Dessa and Nova due today. Tiny due tomorrow. No due date on Nora, but she looks like a beached whale.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got chores done. Got a shower. Made 2 little pepperoni pizzas on flour tortillas.
Son left to go back to Midland. Long trip, he’ll pull over for a nap if he gets tired.
Ah -- used to make those in the motorhome when we were travelling - called them tortilla pizzas!
Safe trip for your DS

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pain woke me up at 11:30. Been doing a little internet self diagnosing. Deep breaths hurt, pain in side, recovery can take 6 weeks, get lots of rest. No heavy lifting, pulling, blah, blah, blah. In other words, no farming. Yeah, right.

Ain’t that just too bad. 37 Cornish Cross chickens aren’t going to put themselves in the freezer. Maybe I won’t get them all on ice in one day, it might take me 2 days. Then cutting and packaging.

I guess I’ll take myself to one of those emergency room clinics tomorrow after church.

This just pisses me off. I’ve got things to do. Suck it up buttercup.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm sorry you hurt yourself! How, do you think it happened? Of course you won't stop, just slower 😂 'cause that's what we DO! 😞 So longer to heal.

Does arnica help? May be time for an Aleve 🤔 even, a heating pad, a day off.... No, skip last one, sorry I mentioned it 🙄 senior moment, forgive me.

Tell us you went to be checked. 😉

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I mused about possible source of injury on coffee thread. Go back a couple of pages where I was tugging on horse panels, grass had grown up in them and they were heavy. And tugging on gates, also intertwined with grass. Probably knocked something loose, then made it worse pounding T-posts. I’m in my PRIME!!!! But my body says not today you ain’t. Life goes on, I’ll go get checked out after church. I won’t carry water buckets on left side. Will put off processing chickens until Wednesday. Chance of spot showers through Tuesday, sunny and clear Wednesday through Friday. I’ll get Chase to come Wednesday or Thursday to ear tag scrapie tags on new lambs.

Farm doesn’t stop, yes it will just take longer and I’ll move slower. I don’t think it’s a bad fracture but I bet I sure could make it worse in a hurry if I don’t be a little more careful over the next few weeks. I really don’t have time for this crap.

Son left yesterday at 6 PM to go back to Midland. Long drive in old truck, low geared, slow, top speed is 65 MPH. Said he’d pull over for a nap if he got sleepy but wanted to get long drive over with. Also no AC so driving at night is cooler.

Gotta get dressed, get outside and do chores before church.

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I mused about possible source of injury on coffee thread. Go back a couple of pages where I was tugging on horse panels, grass had grown up in them and they were heavy. And tugging on gates, also intertwined with grass. Probably knocked something loose, then made it worse pounding T-posts. I’m in my PRIME!!!! But my body says not today you ain’t. Life goes on, I’ll go get checked out after church. I won’t carry water buckets on left side. Will put off processing chickens until Wednesday. Chance of spot showers through Tuesday, sunny and clear Wednesday through Friday. I’ll get Chase to come Wednesday or Thursday to ear tag scrapie tags on new lambs.

Farm doesn’t stop, yes it will just take longer and I’ll move slower. I don’t think it’s a bad fracture but I bet I sure could make it worse in a hurry if I don’t be a little more careful over the next few weeks. I really don’t have time for this crap.

Son left yesterday at 6 PM to go back to Midland. Long drive in old truck, low geared, slow, top speed is 65 MPH. Said he’d pull over for a nap if he got sleepy but wanted to get long drive over with. Also no AC so driving at night is cooler.

Gotta get dressed, get outside and do chores before church.
Top speed in my rig, 50 mph:lol: Everyone else doing 80 to 90 mph passing me. No AC, no heat, no radio, just the hum of the engine and random voices in my head.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dang on the pain. Once in our prime we seem to have no idea what the heck we did to cause the pain, or where the H E double hockey sticks that huge bruise came from. Get checked just for a piece of mind. Not much you can do for it whatever it is. Of course getting checked takes hours that you could use moving panels 😉 and other stuff.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
If you have a tight back brace - those wide velcro closing ones - try putting that on. It may be like strapping up rib fractures. Doctors don't do that as much anymore, but it used to be what they did, and it does help. When I broke a couple ribs in an accident, I noticed that if I didn't take deep breaths, and held a pillow tight to my stomach when coughing it helped with the pain. (Instead of intense agony, there was just bad pain!) Even if you are not doing physical work, tight bandaging helps keep the ribs in place. Deep breathing or sudden movements pulls them apart.

Latest posts