Baymule’s Journal

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Have y’all EVER had “your time”?
Back in the distant past but DH was going to school nights then. Then bought and started renovating first house, babies started arriving. Moved and started renovating second house, building animal facilities, raising kids, doing 4-H, after school sports, etc. 15 year ago youngest kids just about on their own and we started to travel in the 5th wheel when my cousin died and DD2 came to us. She was 14 so back to raising kids again. Luckily, we had already raised 4 teenagers or we might not have survived! LOL Then weddings, grandkids, etc. until now maybe we can go out on our own.
I’ll probably get this place all built the way I want it, then kick the bucket, hobble in the Pearly Gates pissed off because I wasn’t through playing yet.
That is my fear now. I just hope we haven't left it too late. :old:flypig

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Back in the distant past but DH was going to school nights then. Then bought and started renovating first house, babies started arriving. Moved and started renovating second house, building animal facilities, raising kids, doing 4-H, after school sports, etc. 15 year ago youngest kids just about on their own and we started to travel in the 5th wheel when my cousin died and DD2 came to us. She was 14 so back to raising kids again. Luckily, we had already raised 4 teenagers or we might not have survived! LOL Then weddings, grandkids, etc. until now maybe we can go out on our own.

That is my fear now. I just hope we haven't left it too late. :old:flypig

Not too late. What are you supposed to do, sit around and wait to die? You are in your PRIME of LIFE. Don’t stop LIVING.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey, I'm older....worked jobs, 8 hrs. Just fed 30 goats grains/alf pellets, loaded 150# of hay in barn racks, collected eggs, checked everyone -- all there -- inspected broody & nest of eggs, fed cats, inside having a glass of wine. Did it alone -- no problems.

Who says you're too late !!??? You do it a touch slower sometimes. 🤣 Buy more Aleve & aspercreme, it'll be fine. 😁

Stop DHs offers of free rent!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I worked outside all day. I built another one of my famous Pallet Palaces. It’s 6’x12’ because I had two 12’ R panels. I had 4 pallets and scrounged up some used lumber. I used my tractor to carry the pallets to the pen I’m building. They are the big solid heavy kind.

IMG_6199.jpeg

I opened the gate and called the fat girls. They ran out in the yard, I’ve been letting the grass grow. The ewes in the middle field ran into their pen, yelling because they wanted out in the yard too.

IMG_6202.jpeg

I told Carson he couldn’t come in the front field.

IMG_6201.jpeg

He looked so sad, I told him ok.

I parked the tractor and loaded tools in the mule, then put the R panels on the back.

IMG_6210.jpeg

@Sequestered Ridge Ranch i thought about you.

IMG_6213.jpeg

I needed 12’ 2x4s, but only had 10, so I spliced them to make 12’ 2x4s.

IMG_6217.jpeg

I used T-posts to zip tie the pallets to, to hold them up while I wandered about aimlessly, searching for more “building supplies”.

IMG_6218.jpeg

And a new Pallet Palace is born!

IMG_6221.jpeg

I need to finish the pen and “hang” a gate, which means loosely to a T-post. Tomorrow.

Fat girls enjoyed the sunshine and grass.

IMG_6205.jpeg

IMG_6208.jpeg

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I needed 12’ 2x4s, but only had 10, so I spliced them to make 12’ 2x4s.
Glad those are under cover. The wood fence (here when we bought the place) was patched together like that. Made it easy to attach to the round posts since the boards spanned the posts and were joined between posts. But ... all the board ends under the patch areas have rotted while the rest of the board is fine. Suspicion is rain gets between the boards and the patch and can't dry out so it all rots.

Good thing you don't have snow load, might have to add another pallet or two in the center if you did.
Might want to do it anyway. I would have been tempted to put the roof 2 bys on edge. I think that will sag quite a lot in short order.