akroberts 1085

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Are you sure she's eating & drinking? Chicks sometimes are slow learners...
She was doing good when I got her home but today she has just been staying in the corner of the little brooder I set up. I'm trying to figure out what it could be because last year I bought 3 chicks and one died after 2 or 3 days. I'm hoping she's not ill just maybe tired

akroberts 1085

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Probably she was just chilled and liked the corner heater ☺️
She wasn't always at the heater corner she just kept looking like she was lethargic. I kept going in there and trying to give her some attention to wake her up but she was having no part of that. I was excited to see her doing better though. Losing 1 chick caused me to be alert about the behavior of my chicks.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have 40 Cornish Cross, 5 weeks old tomorrow, will be 8 weeks April 3. I’ll probably process them after that. I have a mobile chicken coop, on a trailer, set up for laying hens, just haven’t made that commitment yet. But it was a super good deal, so bought it.

akroberts 1085

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yesterday my husband was getting ready to leave for work and Wally looked like he was going to try to get out of the yard so I yelled at him. He had a look on his face like sh@#, that noisy thing is talking to me and sounds like mom. My husband and I were laughing at him. 🤣