Purplequeenvt - New Journal

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
I saw the doctor yesterday because my sinuses were not get better and my cough was getting worse. I’m on antibiotics and steroids and already feeling a lot better. He thinks it’s a sinus infection brought on by allergies and not viral. This all started when all the Bradford pear trees started blooming.

We’re hitting it hard with the meds because I seem to like getting pneumonia and while, I don’t think I had it yet, my lungs were burning and I was coughing up a lot of junk.

I can be directly exposed to Covid/flu multiple times a week and walk away with nothing, but a freaking tree can take me out. 🤦🏼‍♀️

———

I was startled awake this morning by a text from my manager at work. She asked if I was awake which is often followed by, we had call ins, can you help? I was still trying to pry my eyes open and decide if I should respond right away (I really don’t want to work today) when my phone rings. This was from the lab supervisor. Apparently some officers showed up at the hospital yesterday looking for me with a “bench warrant”. I rightfully freaked out a little bit. I calmed down some when I remembered that I haven’t done anything to deserve a bench warrant so it’s either not that or they have the wrong person.

After several phone calls, I found someone at the attorney’s office who knew what was up. I’m being subpoenaed as a witness in a DUI trial. We occasionally draw “chain of custody” alcohol levels on people that are arrested for a DUI, but insist that they aren’t drunk. They come to us, pay $150 and we draw their blood (following a very specific protocol) and send it off to a special lab. My name was on the paperwork as the collector.

So crisis averted, I’m not going to jail, but really not the way I like to be woken up.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry about the "allergic" maybe getting worse type of symptoms... and I just read somewhere that there was some concern about Bradford pear trees and cities etc getting away from planting them... they also seem to interfere with trees that actually produce fruit.... going to have to search that out a bit.

Nope, not the way to get woke up... but glad it was more of a "pain" thing than a serious case against you or being mistaken for someone else that would cost you time and energy to try to get straightened out...

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry about the "allergic" maybe getting worse type of symptoms... and I just read somewhere that there was some concern about Bradford pear trees and cities etc getting away from planting them... they also seem to interfere with trees that actually produce fruit.... going to have to search that out a bit.

Nope, not the way to get woke up... but glad it was more of a "pain" thing than a serious case against you or being mistaken for someone else that would cost you time and energy to try to get straightened out...

Bradford pears are invasive and they’ve been planted everywhere. And they don’t even produce fruit.

I’ve talked to attorney’s office a couple times and the explained the process so while it’s annoying, it shouldn’t be too horrible.

Of course *everyone* at work has now heard the police were looking for me so I’m sure there’s going to silliness to deal with tomorrow. 🤦🏼‍♀️

I found out where the bench warrant rumor came from though. I guess the police were at the hospital asking about someone with the same last name, same first initial a few days ago. Not me obviously.

My boss said I was not on the top of her list of employees she was expecting the police to be looking for. 🤣

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
We’ve got storms rolling through today with a chance of tornadoes. Last I heard, we are outside the of the high risk area though.

I woke up earlier than usual this morning and the sky was looking ominous so I did chores early. I got everything done before it really started raining. Of course now that’s it’s my normal chore time, the skies are clearing. 🤣

Isla is due tomorrow so she and Freyja (no due date, but getting closer) and locked in the stall together so I know where they are today while I’m at work.